The loss of our son has caused us heartache. But this does not define us and it is not the end to our story, or Graham’s. It’s simply a new beginning. As we enter this new chapter, one without our sweet Graham, God is leading us to spread awareness. We want to foster a greater understanding about rare diseases and the impact they have on our communities. Graham was a special little boy. He impacted so many people in such a short period of time, & we want this to continue. #growgrahamgrow is our motto to reflect this vision. We want Graham’s memory to grow & impact as many people as possible.
To help us achieve this goal, we partnered with the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation and created a research fund in honor of Graham. For more information or to donate, please click here: Graham Collins Research Fund Besides donating to the research fund, here are upcoming events and fundraising opportunities for you to make a difference in Graham’s memory:
Kendra Scott Gives Back on March 1 -2 at http://www.kendrascott.com
- Shop for good online with code GIVEBACK-0XZQ and 20% of your purchase will benefit our research fund
- Treat yourself or a loved one to a beautiful piece of jewelry in memory of Graham and support our mission to help diagnose mitochondrial diseases better
- Care package drive for children and families at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. It is designed to bring joy to those families by bringing them gift bags full of gift cards for meals, activities for kids like coloring books, colored pencils, slinkies, card games, glow sticks, silly putty, and other fun iteams.
- A student at Woodward Academy organized this in Graham’s honor in May 2017 & the success from the first drive has turned this into an annual event!
- We are currently collecting donations for a drop off spring 2021. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brew & ‘Cue for Mito February 10, 2019 at Monday Night Garage
- Brews from Monday Night, barbecue from Sweet Auburn BBQ, and silent auction benefiting United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation & Graham Collins Research Fund
- We raised a little over $12,000 for the Graham Collins Research Fund
Mimosas for Mito August 6, 2017 at The Ivy Buckhead
- Brunch, mimosas, and silent auction benefiting United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation & HOPE for the future.
- We raised over $10,000 for the Graham Collins Research Fund.
Kendra Scott Gives Back at Shops Around Lenox
- Kendra Scott at the Shops Around Lenox has hosted two give back nights with us
- Friends and family shop at the store and 20% of each purchase was donated to our research fund
- We raised $1,346 for the Graham Collins Research Fund
Five Points Challenge 5K November 4, 2017
- Proceeds benefit Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta’s Shepherd Center, and environmental education.