The loss of our son has caused us heartache. But this does not define us and it is not the end to our story, or Graham’s. It’s simply a new beginning. As we enter this new chapter, one without our sweet Graham, God is leading us to spread awareness. We want to foster a greater understanding about rare diseases and the impact they have on our communities. Graham was a special little boy. He impacted so many people in such a short period of time, & we want this to continue. #growgrahamgrow is our motto to reflect this vision. We want Graham’s memory to grow & impact as many people as possible.
To help us achieve this goal, we partnered with the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation and created a research fund in honor of Graham. For more information or to donate, please click here: Graham Collins Research Fund Besides donating to the research fund, here are upcoming events and fundraising opportunities for you to make a difference in Graham’s memory:
Brew & ‘Cue for Mito February 10, 2019 from 1 – 3 PM at Monday Night Garage
- Brews from Monday Night, barbecue from Sweet Auburn BBQ, and silent auction benefiting United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation & Graham Collins Research Fund
- We raised a little over $12,000 for our Graham Collins Research Fund
- Care package drive for children and families at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. It is designed to bring joy to those families by bringing them gift bags full of gift cards for meals, activities for kids like coloring books, colored pencils, slinkies, card games, glow sticks, silly putty, and other fun iteams.
- A student at Woodward Academy organized this in Graham’s honor in May 2017 & the success from the first drive has turned this into an annual event!
- We are currently collecting donations for a drop off spring 2019. For more information email email@example.com.
Mimosas for Mito August 6, 2017 from 11 AM – 3 PM at The Ivy Buckhead
- Brunch, mimosas, and silent auction benefiting United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation & HOPE for the future.
- We raised over $10,000 for Graham Collins Research Fund.
Five Points Challenge 5K November 4, 2017
- Proceeds benefit Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta’s Shepherd Center, and environmental education.